Breaking News!!

Got any breaking news, results or transfer news you want to share with us then do it here! Whether its football, rugby, tennis, F1 or whatever sport you follow we will cover it somehow or another.

Breaking News!!

Unread postby John » July 14th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Football

Patrick Viera hangs up his boots........

Patrick Vieira has retired as a player to take up a new role of football development executive at Manchester City.

The 35-year-old has been handed the new role at City after deciding to hang up his boots after an illustrious career.

Vieira spent 18 months at City after arriving from Inter Milan in January 2010, but he struggled to hold down a regular place in Roberto Mancini's side.

The former Arsenal star played a bit-part role last season, with most of his Premier League appearances coming off the bench and he was not offered a new deal when his contract expired earlier this summer.

Vieira is relishing his new role at City as he embarks on life off the pitch.

"This role is a fantastic new challenge for me and I am very grateful to Manchester City for offering me this opportunity."
Patrick Vieira on his new role at Man City Quotes of the week

"This role is a fantastic new challenge for me and I am very grateful to Manchester City for offering me this opportunity," Vieira told the club's official website:

"I have a lot to learn about the non-playing areas of the business but there are many very experienced people here for me to learn from and I am confident that I can make a significant contribution to the club's ongoing success.

"I am particularly pleased to be given the opportunity to work with the club's community scheme.

"Everyone at Manchester City - the fans, the staff and the players - have made me and my family feel very welcome here over the past two years and I am very happy to have been given the chance to stay and develop my career away from the pitch."

Brian Marwood, City's chief operations officer, added: "Patrick is the ultimate professional and it is our very great privilege to introduce him as our new football development executive. His experience in the world of football is virtually unparalleled and he will be a huge asset to our club as old and young alike benefit from his knowledge.

"His contribution to world football during his time as a player was extraordinary and he will be remembered as one of the greatest players to grace the Premier League. Whilst it is sad to see Patrick's playing career come to an end, we are delighted that he has chosen to extend his time with Manchester City in this new capacity."

The Senegal-born star won three Premier League titles and four FA Cups during a a glittering nine-year spell at Arsenal.

Vieira, who won 107 caps for France, was a member of the 1998 World Cup winning side and Euro 2000 winning squad for Les Bleus.

The Golf Open

Donald hopes to build on opener

Luke Donald hoped to make better use of the welcome he got from a crowd acknowledging the world number one playing on home soil.

The Hemel Hempstead-born 33-year-old, who bases himself in the United States, carded a one-over 71 on day one of the Open Championship in the group behind favourite Rory McIlroy.

"You hear a few shouts from the crowd, 'number one' and 'congrats' and stuff like that, and you try to draw from all the good stuff that got you to number one," he said.

"Certainly there was a lot more applause onto tees; I think people [were] appreciating the good golf I've been playing lately.

"You try to use the energy of the crowd to your advantage but it was tricky and the conditions weren't easy.

"The wind at times was very gusty but I felt like I played a pretty solid round, other than some missed opportunities on the greens.

"I had three or four lip-outs today, a few other opportunities that went amiss.

"It really could have been a very good round, although 71 is still solid, but certainly it could have been a little bit better if I'd had the putter going."

If and when i see breaking news that i think is suitable i will post it here! :D

Until then if you have breaking news that you would like to post then by all means feel free! ;)
John
Site Admin

Re: Breaking News!!

Unread postby John » July 14th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Football

Rangers warn Kenny Miller over wage demands

Kenny Miller Miller was the Scottish Premier League's top goalscorer last season

Kenny Miller will have to agree to a significant drop in wages to return to Rangers, according to Ibrox director of football Gordon Smith.

Smith said that, although manager Ally McCoist was keen to sign Miller from Bursaspor, Rangers could not compete with the player's current wages.

"Is Kenny prepared to look at the wage structure of Scottish football as opposed to Turkish football?" he said.

"That is what attracted him there in the first place. He is very well paid."

Miller left Rangers for Bursaspor in January but is thought to be keen to return for a third spell in Govan.

Smith believes Miller is fully aware that he will have to accept a much lower wage to secure a move back to Ibrox.

"We need to find out if he's available, if he's available at a set price and at a price that we can pay," Smith commented.

"I understand he has made it clear to people in the media that, if he comes back here, it would not be on the same sort of basis financially.

"I think he does realise that the only way we could consider it is by putting himself in a position where it is attractive for us."

The former SFA chief executive confirmed the club are still interested in Aston Villa defender Carlos Cuellar and Dundee United striker David Goodwillie.

However, he warned that Goodwillie's appearance for United in the Europa League against Slask Wroclaw could cast doubt over any move to Rangers.

"It's something we would have to consider," he said. "If we played in the Europa League later in the season, he would be cup-tied.

"We also wouldn't be able to play him in the initial Champions League qualifiers either.

"It is still definitely an option we would like to keep open. He's certainly a player Ally is interested in."

Smith is hopeful that central defenders Majid Bougherra and David Weir will sign contract ..

"We were always looking to have Bougherra playing for us this season," he said. "The possibility now is that he is looking to talk to us with a view to extending his contract.

"A lot of people thought Majid Bougherra said he didn't want to stay at Rangers.

"That's certainly not the case. There is a possibility that he could be staying for a longer time.

"We are in discussions with Davie Weir and his agent just now about renewing his contract, so we should hopefully know more about that in the next 48 hours."

Smith also moved to allay fears that midfielder Steven Davis could leave the club this summer.

"We've offered Steven Davis an extension to his contract," he added.

"We've had no offers and we're not interested in selling."
John
Site Admin

Unread postby John » November 16th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Luis Suarez charged with racially abusing Patrice Evra

Evra (right) was shown a yellow card after clashing with Suarez

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been charged by the Football Association with racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

The pair clashed during the teams' 1-1 draw at Anfield on 15 October.

Uruguayan Suarez, 24, has denied Evra's claim that he used racist language to the France international.

Following the FA charge, Liverpool said they would remain supportive of Suarez and that he would plead not guilty on his return from international duty.

The club also said they would expect him to request a hearing.

An FA statement said: "It is alleged that Suarez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United's Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules.

"It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra."

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has previously said that he does not think racism is prevalent at the club.

A Liverpool statement issued after the FA charge was announced read: "The club this afternoon received notification from the Football Association of their decision to charge Luis Suarez and will take time to properly review the documentation which has been sent to us.

"We will discuss the matter fully with him when he returns from international duty, but he will plead not guilty to the charge and we expect him to request a personal hearing.

"Luis remains determined to clear his name of the allegation made against him by Patrice Evra.

"The club remain fully supportive of Luis in this matter."

Evra made his claims immediately after the match and was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

Suarez told Uruguayan media earlier this month: "There is no evidence I said anything racist to him. I said nothing of the sort.

"There were two parts of the discussion, one in Spanish, one in English. I did not insult him. It was just a way of expressing myself. I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him, and even they were surprised by his reaction."

Evra reported his complaint after the game to match referee Andre Marriner who included it in his report.

Executive director of the Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) network Piara Powar said: "Everyone knows from talking to ex-players that this is the sort of problem [racism] that went on.

"And now we see in 2011, going on 2012, it's still an issue. And we see the FA charging someone. I think that's right.

"Suarez, whatever his perspective on what was said or what wasn't said, and Evra, should both have their day in court, so to speak, and bring any evidence to an FA tribunal."

Speaking in an interview before the FA charge was announced, Fifa president Sepp Blatter denied that there was a problem with on-field racism in football.

Elsewhere, the Metropolitan Police is investigating allegations that Chelsea and England captain John Terry racially abused QPR's Anton Ferdinand during a recent match at Loftus Road.

Terry has denied the allegation.
John
Site Admin

Unread postby bansanlive » December 1st, 2011, 10:42 pm

Interesting but not fully complete analyses of topic please you should improve your site information by reading different source of knowledge.
bansanlive

Unread postby John » December 4th, 2011, 12:09 pm

bansanlive wrote:Interesting but not fully complete analyses of topic please you should improve your site information by reading different source of knowledge.

Well please feel free to contribute!

We welcome and encourage people to post so again feel free to show me your source of knowledge ;)
John
Site Admin

Unread postby John » December 8th, 2011, 2:59 pm

GreatScot wrote:
bansanlive wrote:Interesting but not fully complete analyses of topic please you should improve your site information by reading different source of knowledge.

Well please feel free to contribute!

We welcome and encourage people to post so again feel free to show me your source of knowledge  ;)

Pft typical, come in here and critise our lack of knowledge then fail to come back and explain why or educate us! :roll:
John
Site Admin

Unread postby Charlyn1999 » September 2nd, 2012, 2:04 pm

Cet article donne la lumière dans laquelle nous pouvons observer la réalité.

Edited by site admin

Roughly Translated : This is an extremley well written article, thank you!
Charlyn1999
Site Friend

Unread postby Margarett.brooks » November 27th, 2012, 2:43 am

Great post. I was checking constantly this phorum and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck. wish you all the best
Margarett.brooks

puKiTsVORqfMqfa

Unread postby Idalee » July 25th, 2018, 9:27 pm

At last, semoone who comes to the heart of it all

Last bumped by Anonymous on July 25th, 2018, 9:27 pm.
Idalee

Return to Sports Center